Online Roulette NZ
Best Online Roulette Sites NZ
You are sure to enjoy roulette at all the major online casinos in New Zealand. We are casino experts so right here is where you’ll find everything you need to know about playing online roulette in New Zealand. Our page is packed with information on roulette, the best bonuses and tips on how to play the game. Anyone can win at roulette, any day of the week, so let’s begin.
- Advertiser Disclosure
New Casino customers only. Deposit min. $20. Applies to first deposit to Casino only. Max. bonus $200. 15x wagering (game weighting applies) on deposit and bonus to make the bonus balance withdrawable. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Guide to Online Roulette in New Zealand
We’re here to help- all the information you need is on this page. Our guide below talks you through the game and our list above contains the best online roulette sites for real money and welcome bonuses. We have checked out these sites for software, game variation, deposit and withdrawal methods, mobile experience, security and customer support.
Here you’ll find top online roulette bonuses and discover how easy it is to play online roulette in New Zealand. There are a number of quality sites that accept NZD and players from New Zealand. Some of the best new sites are mobile too, so you can play roulette on iOS and Android devices like smartphones.
How to Play Roulette
The roulette table has a spinning wheel divided in 37 slots, numbered from 0 to 36. Each number on the wheel can be either red or black, except for the number zero which is green. Players need to predict on which number of the wheel the ball will land. There are a number of different bets that can be placed to win at roulette. With a regular online roulette game, you can bet on whether the ball falls on even numbers or odd, red or black and columns or sections of numbers. Here’s a list of options available to you:
- Straight Up: Bet on a single number. The payoff is 35 to 1.
- Red or Black: A simple bet offering even money
- Split: Place a bet on two neighbouring squares. The payoff is 17 to 1.
- Corner: Place a bet on four neighbouring squares. The payoff is 8 to 1.
- Dozen's: Three squares represent the outcomes of 1 to 12, 13 to 24 and 25 to 36. The payoff is 2 to 1
- Odds and Evens: Bet on one of the two squares - odd or even. The payoff is 1 to 1
- High and Low: Bet on 2 groups of numbers- 1 to 18 or 19 to 36. The payoff is 1 to 1
- Columns: Betting on 12 numbers at a time ( an entire column). The payoff is 2 to 1
Playing roulette at online casinos NZ
Many online casinos want you to play in either US dollars or Euros, but some will also accept NZ dollars too. Online roulette can be played on the go in New Zealand at mobile casinos but check if the site has an app or is mobile-friendly. Your gambling winnings are not taxed, and you have access to a number of deposit and payment methods in New Zealand.
New Zealand is a country of wide- open spaces so online roulette for real money is a great option if you happen to live miles from a regular, bricks ‘n’ mortar casino. Online gambling, providing it’s done via a website based outside of New Zealand, is legal.
Types of Online Roulette
There are a few variations on this classic game but generally, you’ll find 4 popular versions at online casinos in New Zealand. And these are considered to tb the best online roulette games.
- European Roulette: Players can place a bet on any number from 1-36, red or black and odd or even. Each number on the wheel can be either red or black, except for number zero that is green. This green is the house number and gives the house a 2.70% chance of taking everything on the table should the ball fall on it.
- American Roulette: The American roulette spinning wheel is divided in 38 slots. The additional slot is “00” which is also green. This green almost doubles the house edge to 5% but this version is only played in the USA.
- French Roulette: Has a slight twist- if the ball lands on the house number then the player is given the option to take back half their stake or leave it on the table for the next bet. If playing online, you’ll usually find the stake is automatically refunded to the player.
- Bonus Roulette: Here a player can get bonuses over the course of the game. These bonuses are earned if five reds in a row turn up -the player gets a bonus equivalent to the smallest stake on the table over the five wheel spins.
Online Roulette Tips
All the top online casinos in New Zealand will have roulette and it’s a great game to play at home. Here’s a few tips to make sure you get the best experience:
- Check if it has a play-money version before starting with a real money game
- Look out for a good welcome bonus- the list above is the best place to start!
- Look for mobile casinos – many people these days play roulette on their phones.
- Look for customer support: the best casinos will offer 24/7 customer service should you need any assistance.
- Live Roulette: Does it let you take in the casino experience from the comfort of your home with a live dealer to interact with?
- Stakes: Try a low stakes table if you want to ease into things. High rollers and VIPs can opt for the high-stakes tables.